Our Client is a well-known Banking Organisation and is now looking to meet with an experienced Senior Business Analyst, and one who also has experience of managing Teams of BA's. This role is to work within their busy Change Department.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Business Analyst to join Our Client in what is an exciting time for the expanding change department. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for leading and driving high profile regulatory and commercial change initiatives.
The Senior BA will play a leading role in helping the Bank to grow its existing products and services, streamline its front and back-office processes and to protect itself in a post-Brexit environment. The new role is testament to the growing needs of the Bank, an expanding department and a most demanding project portfolio.
The successful candidate will be an experienced user story author, with experience working within an agile development environment. They will also be required to line manage and mentor other Business Analysts, as well as providing support to the Head of Business Analysis.
The role is based in London but will require travel within the UK and on occasion also to Sweden.
This role will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of BAs by performing typical line management activities, adhering to the Bank’s ‘Wheel’ methodology. In due course, this could also apply to temporary contractor staff.
- Play a more strategic, consultative role in the Bank’s change initiatives, by shaping and driving the change upfront, when required.
- Direct other less senior BA’s within a large programme, where multiple BA resource is necessary.
- Raise their profile with senior management and develop a strong network across the Bank, including their group colleagues in Sweden.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required
Essential competencies include:
- An academic or professional qualification in a Business Analysis discipline
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years’ experience in a Business Analysis profession within a retail/commercial bank
- Knowledge of the banking domain, particularly in Lending
- Elicitation and management of user stories in an agile development environment
- A Scrum/story author certification is highly desirable, but actual hands-on experience of writing user stories is essential
- Proven, demonstrable success in delivering change in a leading role
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Line management experience
- Proactive, able to work independently
- The ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure.
There is an Excellent Salary & Benefits Package On Offer For This role!